Sunday, November 16, 2008

Holiday giving!?

I was just talking to my sister the other day and we were talking about how the schools and other organizations are asking for donations.Like for instance my childrens school was asking for certain foods to be put together for Thanksgiving.The foods would be then givin to people for that particular days feast. It's a great thing. Another was Boy Scouts asking to have a plastic bag filled with non-parishable goods then they would come back by and pick them up to be given to soup kitchens.Another great thing. You get the idea, this time of year it's give, give, give. Which I usually don't mind, but this year I'm a bit annoyed! Why? I'm completley out of extras. Cash, food, you name it. The market is so bad that my husband whos in sells isn't making anything! And it isn't that he's not trying its just that no one has money, therefore buying things that are not needed, like a new car, is effecting us.So as I was first saying my sister and I were laughing because we were like well where is the list to sign up? We here about donate this and donate that but where is the list so I can be on the recieving end? You know that for past years I have always donated food, money and toys but this year? Um, no I can barely do for my own family. I'ts just plain sad that it's gotten this far but it has for so many people.On top of all this it seems that the schools are not really affected in a way because thier still asking for this and that like everything is normal for all the children that attend. Way not true! School field trips for instance. My daughters class is suppose to be going to St. Augustine and it's going to cost $61.00 per child! Um, hello? Can't do! Are you serious? It's so crazy. Everytime my sister and I talk we just have to laugh because if we don't we will cry! Too overwhelming!

No comments: